It’s not just in California: A “traffic jam” of cargo piles up on the U.S. East Coast as well, and we’re reporting on what’s said to be the weakest link in the global supply chain. Meanwhile, workers in Italy use bacteria in an effort to preserve the nation’s historic artifacts. And some serious Star Wars fans in Russia build their own X-Wing.
1. In what country would you find the Orkney Islands, where a drone (or unmanned aerial vehicle) is being tested as a means of transporting the mail?
2. What did a homecoming queen in Brooklyn, Mississippi recently give to a homecoming nominee in honor of her late mother?
3. Taiwan’s government says it’s facing its “most complex situation” in 72 years with what country?
4. What is the largest, low-cost airline carrier in the world, which recently canceled thousands of flights for reasons partially disputed by the Federal Aviation Administration?
5. What is the largest factor in the price of gasoline — a commodity that is significantly influenced by OPEC production decisions?
6. AMADEE-20, a mission that was launched on October 10 in Israel’s Negev desert, aims to simulate what?
7. What nation is set to conduct a new investigation into the origin of Covid, though some health officials say they’re concerned it won’t be truthful in its findings?
8. The U.S. Labor Department said American workers set a record in August for taking what action?
9. In what Georgia city would you find America’s third-largest port, behind locations in California and New York?
10. In what city, which has the most fountains in the world, are efforts under way to preserve artifacts using bacteria?
CNN 10 serves a growing audience interested in compact on-demand news broadcasts ideal for explanation seekers on the go or in the classroom. The show’s priority is to identify stories of international significance and then clearly describe why they’re making news, who is affected, and how the events fit into a complex, international society.
Thank you for using CNN 10