Here’s what we’re watching before Monday’s opening bell.
- U.S. stock futures wobbled, suggesting major indexes will pause after notching records at the end of last week.
- Futures tied to the S&P 500 fell 0.3%. Contracts linked to the Dow Jones Industrial Average ticked down 0.2% and Nasdaq-100 futures slipped 0.4%. Read our full market wrap.
What’s Coming Up
- Earnings are due from
- The H.C. Wainwright Spring Mining Conference begins two days of virtual presentations from companies including
Market Movers to Watch
shares dropped 12% premarket. The furniture maker said early Monday it is acquiring rival
Knoll’s shares soared 30%.
shares inched up 1.2% after it reported earnings for its latest quarter before the open.
shares dropped 6.8% ahead of the bell. A federal safety agency over the weekend told people with young children or pets to stop using the company’s treadmills. The move by the Consumer Product Safety Commission comes after its investigation into the death of a child involving one of the machines turned up dozens of instances of injuries. Peloton called the report “inaccurate and misleading.”
- U.S.-traded shares of China-based
AnPac Bio-Medical Science
shot 21% higher premarket. The company pointed to strong demand for its paid tests based on cancer differentiation analysis technology in the first quarter, “setting a record high Q1 test volume.”
- Shares of
Clean Energy Fuels
jumped 11% premarket. The company said it signed an agreement with
to provide low and negative carbon renewable natural gas.
shares rose 6.6% premarket. The biopharmaceutical company on Monday said it received FDA approval to begin a Phase I/II clinical trial of its new drug candidate, XB2001, in patients with pancreatic cancer.
shares slipped 1.7% premarket. Two men died after a Tesla vehicle that authorities believe was operating without anyone in the driver’s seat crashed into a tree Saturday night north of Houston.
- Money has poured into two iShares ETFs that track the S&P Global Clean Energy index. Combined with the gains for the stocks they hold, the funds quintupled in value over roughly five months to $14.2 billion at their January peak, before falling back to about $10 billion.
- As investors weigh the prospects of a return to normal, share prices of denim maker Levi Strauss have soared about 45% year to date, while the stock of legging juggernaut Lululemon Athletica has deflated by 6.9%.
- On this day in 1933, the day after President Franklin D. Roosevelt devalued the U.S. dollar, the stock market soared, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average leaping 5.66 points, or a near-record 9%, to close at 68.31.
Chart of the Day
A huge run-up in foreign holdings of Chinese government bonds has stalled, with international investors hitting pause on their purchases as China’s interest-rate advantage over the U.S. has shrunk.
Must Reads Since You Went to Bed
Copyright ©2020 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 87990cbe856818d5eddac44c7b1cdeb8
Tesla Stock Price Today – Peloton, Coca-Cola, Tesla: What to Watch When the Stock Market Opens Today
Tags: Tesla, Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA), Tesla Stock Price Today
amazon Stock, Market Stocks on Bloom berg.