By Anna Hirtenstein
Here is what we’re watching as markets kick into gear on Monday.
- U.S. stock futures rose Monday ahead of manufacturing data that could offer fresh insights into the pace of the global economic recovery.
- Futures tied to the S&P 500 pointed to further gains for the broad market index after closing out its best month since November. Contracts linked to the Dow Jones Industrial Average also rose. Read our full markets wrap here.
What’s Coming Up
- Key gauges of U.S. manufacturing activity in April are due out at 9:45 a.m. ET and 10 a.m.
- Fed Chairman Jerome Powell will be speaking at 2:20 p.m. at the National Community Reinvestment Coalition’s 2021 Just Economy Conference. Watch live here.
- Earnings are due from Chegg and Avis Budget after the market closes
Market Movers to Watch
- Tesla slipped 0.9% ahead of the opening bell. A German trade magazine reported Sunday that Tesla’s gigafactory in Berlin is likely to be delayed by six months.
- Berkshire Hathaway rose 1.1% premarket after the company’s annual meeting over the weekend. Warren Buffett defended the company’s recent cautious investing approach.
- Dell Technologies rose 1.3%. It announced on Sunday that it plans to sell its Boomi cloud business to private-equity firms Francisco Partners and TPG.
- Vulcan Materials dipped 3%, extending its Friday loss.
- Covid-19 vaccine makers are rising in premarket trading. Moderna ticked up over 2% and Novavax added over 1%.
- The S&P 500 just had its strongest monthly performance since November, rising 5.2% in April.
- Copper prices have risen over 27% this year. The benchmark Comex price is up over 93% from 52 weeks ago.
Chart of the Day
Individual investors are holding more stocks than ever before as major indexes climb to fresh highs. Stockholdings among U.S. households increased to 41% of their total financial assets in April, the highest level on record, according to analysis from
Must Reads Since You Went to Bed
Copyright ©2020 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 87990cbe856818d5eddac44c7b1cdeb8
Tesla Stock Price Today – Tesla, Berkshire Hathaway, Moderna: What to Watch When the Stock Market Opens Today
Tags: Tesla, Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA), Tesla Stock Price Today
amazon Stock, Market Stocks on Bloom berg.